Monday, February 20, 2006

What is the Most Memorable Album cover ever?

I'm having a debate with someone about what is the most memorable album (visually) ever.

We both get Beatles albums - I say Sgt Peppers - he says Abbey Road. Also the Rolling Stones "Sticky Fingers" (featuring the tongue - when released the albums came with jeans on and a zipper you could undo).

Its not quite the same buying a CD for its artwork (bring back the record *sob*) but there must still be some distinctive modern albums out there.
What are your most memorable (not necessarily favourite) album covers?

7 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Queen a Day at the Races OMG I used to steal this from my brothers room and practise drawing the lions...no idea why...

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apologies, BJ that link is not working...

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milo - Thanks for posting, I had forgotten about the Enigma one - fabulous. That has gotten me thinking outside of the big rock group type square.

Lisa - A Day at the Races is another great one! Was that the one where they enclosed the poster of the naked people on bicycles as well?

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

lOL maybe BJ...was that female nudes? if so I'm sure my brother probably kept it under his bed....

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Firefly Cloudware said...

For me it was Red Sails in the Sunset cover, exactly how Sydney should look. But seriously it did impact on me greatly as a young kid.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger bleachy_dude said...

RICKI-LEE!!!!!!!!! [wub]

haha.. sorry :p

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger BJ said...

omg I had this awful sinking feeling that Bleachy would post that :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home